Digital Gold SA (“Digital Gold SA” “we”, “us”) is committed to protecting and respecting your privacy.
1. Information we can collect from you
We may collect and process the following data about you that you provide when you visit our website or request goods, services or information from us:
- Information you provide to us by filling in forms on our website www.digitalgoldsa.com and mobile applications (the DigitalGold mobile app). This includes contact information such as name, email address, postal address, phone number, DLT wallet address, unique identifiers such as username, date of birth and preference information such as favourites lists, transaction history, marketing preferences. If you have chosen to be part of the platform with your company with us, we may ask you for information about your business such as company name, DLT wallet address, company size, type of business, company documents and personal data such as a professional profile, and the last submitted balance sheet and/or declared company turnover.
- Information you provide when you write to us (including by e-mail).
- Information you provide to us when we talk to you on the phone. We may record and keep track of the information you share with us.
- Details of the transactions you make through our site and of the processing of your orders.
- As with most websites, we automatically collect certain information and store it in log files. This information includes internet protocol (IP) addresses, browser type, internet service provider (ISP), referring/exit pages, operating system, date/time stamp, and clickstream data. We use this information to analyze trends, to administer our site, to track users’ movements around our site, and to gather demographic information about our user base as a whole.
2. Uses made of the information
We use the information held about you in the following ways:
- To ensure that the content of our site is presented in the most effective way for you and your computer. This is in our legitimate business interests.
- To provide you with information, products or services that may be of interest to you, where you have consented to be contacted for such purposes.
- To carry out our obligations arising from (i) legal obligations and/or (ii) any contracts entered into between you and us to provide information, products or services that you have requested and to inform you of changes to our goods and services.
If you are an existing member, we may contact you by electronic means (fax, email or SMS) with information about goods and services similar to those that have been the subject of a previous sale to you. We will not otherwise contact you by electronic means to provide you with information about goods and services that may be of interest to you unless you have consented to this. If you do not want us to use your information in one or more of the above ways, please let us know by contacting us at “Contact Us”.
3. Disclosure of your information
- If we sell or buy any business or assets, in which case we may disclose your personal data to the prospective seller or buyer of such business or assets. You will be informed by email and/or prominent notice on our site of any change in ownership or use of your personal data, as well as of any choices you may have regarding your personal data.
- If www.digitalgoldsa.com or substantially all of its assets are acquired by a third party, in which case the personal data it holds on its member will be one of the transferred assets.
- If we are, or believe in good faith that we are, under a duty to disclose or share your personal information in order to comply with any legal obligation; or permitted by law to enforce or apply our Website Terms and Conditions of Use and other agreements; or to protect the rights, property, or safety of us, our members, or others. This includes exchanging information with other companies and organisations for the purposes of fraud protection and credit risk reduction.
- If you have concluded a transaction for the exchange of goods and/or services with another company via the www.digitalgoldsa.com platform, your personal data may be communicated to the company (or the company’s professional representatives) with whom you have concluded a commercial negotiation. If you request a business plan, follow a presentation, or contact a company or entrepreneur via a presentation page, your contact details may also be shared with that company or entrepreneur.
4. Your rights
You have the right to access information about yourself. To protect your privacy and security, we will take reasonable steps to verify your identity before providing copies of any relevant material. You have the right to ask us:
- a copy of your information;
- correct or delete your information;
- limit or interrupt the processing of information;
- transfer some of this information to other organisations; and
- where we have asked for your consent to process your data, revoke that consent.
These rights may be limited in some situations, for example where we can demonstrate that we have a legal requirement to process your data. In some cases, this may mean that we are able to retain the data even if you withdraw your consent. Where we require information in order to comply with legal or contractual obligations, the provision of such data is compulsory: if such information is not provided, we will not be able to fulfill our obligations to you or process your transactions on our site. In all other cases, the provision of the requested information is optional. We hope that we can answer your questions about how we process your information and resolve any complaints you may have. We encourage you to come to us in the first instance, but you have the right to lodge a complaint directly with the relevant data protection authority in Switzerland.
5. How to exercise your rights
You can correct, amend or delete your information on the member account settings page. You may stop receiving our newsletters or marketing emails by following the unsubscribe instructions included in these emails or by accessing your email preferences on your account settings page. Alternatively, or to access any of the other rights mentioned above, you can send an email to our Member Support at email@example.com or by contacting us in the Contact Us area.
6. How long do we keep your information
We will retain your information for as long as your account is active or as necessary to provide services to you. We will retain and use your information as necessary to comply with our legal obligations, resolve disputes, and enforce our agreements, which in some cases involving the collection and processing of financial data may require a retention period of 7 years (or longer if required by law).
7. Cookies and tracking technologies
Technologies such as cookies, beacons, tags, and scripts are used by Digital Gold SA and our partners, including affiliated marketing partners or analytics service providers and business process service providers.
Cookies can be stored for varying periods of time on your browser or device. There are different types of cookies. An important classification of cookies (especially when it comes to consent) are essential and non-essential cookies
- Essential cookies: used solely for the purpose of carrying out or facilitating the transmission of communications over a network; or strictly necessary in order to provide an online service (such as our website or a service on our website) that you have requested. without these cookies your device would not be able to interact with our website. These cookies do not require approval.
- Marketing cookies (non-essential): these are used to deliver advertising and other communications that are more relevant to you and your interests. They are also used to limit the number of times you see an advert and to measure the effectiveness of advertising campaigns. They remember whether or not you have visited a website and this information may be shared with other organisations such as advertisers. Cookies to improve group targeting and advertising will often be linked to site features provided by other organisations.
We also use an ad serving service to display third-party ads on our site. When you view or click on an ad, a cookie will be set to help you better serve ads that may be of interest to you on this and other websites. You can disable the use of this cookie by visiting the tracking preference managers above. Local Storage Objects (Flash / HTML5): Third parties we partner with to provide certain features on our site or to display advertisements based on your web browsing activity use LSOs such as HTML 5 or Flash to collect and store information. Various browsers may offer their own management tools to remove HTML5 LSOs. To manage Flash LSOs, click here.
7.1. Disable/enable web beacon cookies and other tracking technologies via your browser
You should be aware that your preferences will be lost if you delete all cookies and many websites will not function properly or you will lose some functionality. We do not recommend that you disable cookies when using our website for these reasons.
You have the ability to accept or decline cookies from any website by changing the settings in your browser. If you wish to restrict or block the cookies set by our website, you can do this through your browser settings. For information on how to manage and disable cookies you can use the ‘Help’ function within your browser or visit www.aboutcookies .org or www.allaboutcookies.org .
Because we respect your right to privacy, you can choose not to allow certain types of cookies that we collect on our website. Click on the different category headings to find out more and change the default settings (On-off button). However, blocking certain types of cookies may affect your experience of the site and the services we are able to offer.
To disable cookie types directly and avoid web beacons and other tracking technologies, you can make them ineffective by deactivating cookies in your browser.
Internet Explorer: https://support.microsoft.com/en-ca/help/17442/windows-internet-explorer-delete-manage-cookies
If you are using a web browser not listed above, please refer to your browser’s documentation or online help for further information.
8. How we store, process, and protect your information
The data that we collect from you may be transferred to and stored at, a destination within or outside Switzerland or the European Economic Area (“EEA”). It may also be processed by staff operating within or outside Switzerland or the EEA who work for us or for one of our suppliers. Such staff may be involved in, among other things, fulfilling your orders, processing your payment details, and providing support services. Access to your information is restricted to those who need to handle it. Where your information is transferred, we will endeavour to ensure that it is adequately protected by (i) ensuring that European Commission approved standard contractual clauses, appropriate Privacy Shield certification or Binding Corporate Rules for the supplier’s processor are in place or (ii) relying on exceptions.
10. Security audits
We regularly carry out penetration tests on our platform and also on the internal networks of our offices. Any output is analysed with the utmost accuracy and professionalism.
11. Staff training
Digital Gold SA employees are required to undertake computer security awareness training and also to recognise and comply with internal security processes on hardware and software. These are reviewed and updated regularly.
12. Further information on privacy
12.1. Links to third-party sites
Our site may, from time to time, contain links to and from the websites of our suppliers, partner networks, advertisers, affiliates and other third parties. If you follow a link to one of these websites, please note that these websites should have their own privacy policies and we accept no responsibility for these policies or the content or operation of these websites. Please check these policies and the websites’ terms and conditions before submitting any personal data to these websites.
12.2. Directory of members
We may list you in our publicly accessible member directory. If you would like to request the removal of your information or deletion of an unauthorised profile from our directory, you can contact us by writing to Contact Us.
The profile that you create on our site will not be accessible to other users, nor to the public unless it is a shop window. If it is a shop window, it will be publicly accessible.